Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fingal Beekeeping Course

The Fingal North Beekeepers Association run a beginning beekeeping course in Spring. It consists of six nights Tuesday and a demonstration on a Saturday.

The course includes Ted Hoopers 'guide to bees and honey'. Has extensive handouts and covers bee zoology, diseases, hive manipulation, honey appreciation, swarm avoidance and loads more. The cost is so low that it probably does not cover the rent of the room.

I am amazed and thankful for the amount of effort the Fingal beekeepers put into educating and encouraging beginning beekeepers.


I have more photos of the demonstration here. I will describe the demonstration in a later post.

1 comment:

  1. Remind me to introduce you to my friend PJ at the wedding, he kept bees for years.

    ReplyDelete